Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Berlin


I'm back from Germany. That was a great trip as usual. This time, I went to Munich, Nuernberg and Berlin. These three places have its own tastes so I like all the places I visited, but the most intersting city among these three would be Berlin. I took a night train from Munich to Berlin. Munich still has lots of old building even though it is destroyed during the war more or less, so it is a historical city and I like it. When I arrived at Berlin in the moring, I found that Berlin is totaly different from Munich.


As everybody knows, Berlin was completely destroyed during the war and there are only a few buildings which survived the war. But there are lots of monuments and museums of the war and the holocaust which remind the people of the war. These locate quite in the center of the city so the people can easily see that, the wall of Berlin as well. These monuments tell a lot of stories, especially the diaries of the victims of holocaust was unforgettable.
Also, I could see the diffrence between East and West part of Berlin. I saw many new-looking building in the East part. Berlin is really interesting city and has lots of fun as well. I stayed at my German friends house and they took me out to the nice places where only the locals go. This was really good trip. I bought a piece of the Wall as my souvenir.
I'll write about another stories of this trip if Ihave time.
Have a good holiday! Cya!