Friday, August 24, 2007

Sweden-Denmark-Germany

I'm back from 5 days trip to Sweden, Denmark and Germany.

This time, I started my journey from the south of Sweden, then went west to Copenhagen which is the capital of Denmark and finally got the train to Hamburg which is the Second largest city in Germany.

---------------------------------------------------------------

-Day 1-

I arrived at Malmo belonging to South part of Sweden afternoon, then got on the bus to Copenhagen. I stayed at Youth hostel. My bed was old and made really big noise.

-Day 2-

I walked around Copenhagen visiting most of tourist attractions. The harbor was beautiful and I realized that there were so many people who bike. It was like china.
But I thought it's nice that everybody bikes. it's good for the earth and everybody.
I walked kinda too much. I was exhausted and went back to the hostel.

-Day 3-

I visited Malmo again. It was during the festival so there were lots of street shops and that made me so satisfied. I also visited some tourist attractions. The buildings were beautifully made but what I liked was the back street. There were small but lovely houses decorated with lots of flowers along the street.t I really liked it.


-Day 4-
I woke up early to get the train to Hamburg. It took nearly 4 hours. During the journey, the train itself went into the ship to cross the sea! so I could enjoy a short cruise, too. I arrived at Hamburg around noon. It was rainy. I walked around the city as much as possible but it was so big city so I used subways finally.
I found lots of canals in the city and there were some old ones.

-Day 5-
Final day of the journey. it was sunny and the temperature reached 25 degree.
I walked around the lake Alster. The view of the city from the lake was beautiful.
After a while I got the bus to airport at noon and then went home.


-------------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the journey, I realized that all of cities I visited this time is the harbor town so all cities have similar flavour but each city has different taste.
People of Scandinavian countries can speak English very well so it helped me a lot.
I couldn't go to Berlin or another cities in Germany. I should go to Germany again! That's the rough story of this journey.

I have to go back to the real life again.