Sunday, March 04, 2007

Belfast Interversities 2007, Day1

I just came back from Belfast.


It was so exiting weekend. 8people(including me) went to Belfast on Friday night to join the competition. It was two and quarter hour drive.
At fisrt I was little bit afraid but Belfast was more bright, lively and beautiful city than I thought.


From the busstop we walked to the hostel with stone trophy of 35kg because we DCU had to give the last year's trophy back. It was so heavy and on the way to the hostel, people looked us
very often. They might think us of strange people.


----------------------------------------------------


Day1

the interversities started.
We had to do bordering(climbing without harness and rope)

like this
Belfast Interversities day1

there are 12 courses and varied from easy one and difficult one.
I tried as many times as possible but I'm only a novice so it was hard for me to clear all the course.

we finished climbing eariler so we decided to go sightseeing.


we walked around city center but it's different from Ireland. It's like British, especially buildings and the taxi. But I found both Irish flags and union jack.
I was also surprized that shop close very early. most of the shop close by 6 p.m. except some food restaurants and pubs.




After the sightseeing, we went to the party and there are lots of student from Cork, Limlick, Belfast and another city of Ireland. The accent of English is different from region so it's interesting for me.



It was so exiting Saturday! Continued.